Thursday 5 September 2013

Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm already exhausted. Can that be right? There are so many papers to sort, procedures to follow, people to contact. And I have to work. Two big meetings to organise before I leave. Yet moving is a full-time job in itself...

But I have lists galore. And I love, love, love lists. Writing point after point after point to be completed. And then crossing them out, one by one.  I'm not managing to cross off too many just now. Which is a tad hair-raising. But I think I'm getting through the main ones.

I almost crossed off the reservation of a removal company today. And then didn't. Couldn't. I still have so many questions. And hesitations. It's so much money. You need to get it right. But some quotes are complete in one area, while others are complete in other areas. None seem to be totally complete. I'm still hopeful of confirming one tomorrow. But my breath will not be held. Just in case...

Still, the cats are booked in for their vaccinations and passports; I have a list of properties I'd like to rent (if they'll take me without a job and with cats); my health appointments are sorted, jobs being applied for, work procedures advancing, a reservation at a car boot sale made. And an appointment confirmed with my bank.

I have also provisionally sold a couple of household items. Not big things yet. But it's another list with items crossed out. So I'm happy. -Ish.

That said, I kind of flipped somewhat yesterday. All the doubts - in me and others - surged up out of control and I had this intense "what on earth am I doing" moment. Not pleasant. Good job I was out of public view.

In these moments, there is only one thing to do: speak to someone who understands the situation, knows your motivation, is one hundred per cent happy for you. So I did. And she was. And it worked. I felt so much better and moved on. I'm figuring it won't be the last time I feel like that. But I have a good support network. Better than I could ever have imagined. People I know and love are pulling out the stops to help me. Little me. It's very humbling.

So onward and upward. Things to do, things to do. Sleep being one of them... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment