Monday 2 September 2013

Travel brings power and love back into your life - Rumi

Can I tell you that sorting out removal companies is just not fun. Really. I am not a fan of making choices at the best of times. And seriously, how do you choose between them?

At least you can do everything on-line now. How on did we earth cope before? There are tons of firms out there waiting for your business. I emailed a good number of them. Then there's a centralised site (Anyvan Ltd) which sends your request for a quote to a whole database of companies, however many that may be.

It's fine up to there. Sifting through the quotes is the not-fun bit. How do you know who will do the best job? What will really make the difference to ensure a good choice? There's very little between the quotes. Which is somewhat reassuring. None of them seem to be trying to con me. Unless all of them are...

In an effort to find clues to quality, I checked out all the websites of those who have sent me quotes. But unfortunately I'm a cynical girl. All those lovely on-line references are interesting. But are they for real? Where are the complaints? I don't mean to be distrusting. I just am.

Decisions fry my brain. I'm the one who's always in the slowest queue in the supermarket. No matter how many times I change. Or is that just perspective?? My good friend optimistically tells me to "think lucky, be lucky". The notion is an unfamiliar one to me. But maybe it's one I need to learn. Maybe that's my lesson for today.

And in all this madness, a lovely, discreet colleague offered to drive me back home - furniture, cats and all. 13 hours each way. With her man, who doesn't know me from Adam. Now, how sweet is that? Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? It did me. And that's one of the joys of stepping out of your comfort zone and making challenging changes: it makes you see life differently and life lets itself be seen differently. Loving that.

1 comment:

  1. Think lucky, be lucky...obviously a lesson learned well as the last paragraph proves! :-) the dictum must be credited to a good friend of mine (who by the way is very lucky). It served us well recently and I hope it continues to serve you in all the adventures that are to come. Always here for you....lean on me (said in a song) x

    ReplyDelete